☆☆☆General structure of Sentence☆☆☆
☆☆☆সাধারণ বাক্যের গঠন☆☆☆
●●》 English Sentence 》
Subjects ( কর্তা ) + Verb (ক্রিয়া ) + Object ( কর্ম ).
Example : I read book.
I= Subject +
Read = Verb +
Book = Object
●●》বাংলা বাক্য 》
Subjects ( কর্তা ) + Object ( কর্ম ) + Verb (ক্রিয়া )
উদাহরণ: আমি বই পড়ি ।
আমি = Subjects ( কর্তা ) +
বই = Object ( কর্ম ) +
পড়ি = Verb (ক্রিয়া )
☆Classification of Sentence ☆
We’ll see later.
☆●》What is subject ?
The one about whom something is said in the sentence, is called SUBJECT.
The subject of the sentence is what (or whom) the sentence is about. In the sentence “The cat is sleeping in the sun,” the word cat is the subject.
বাক্যে যার সম্বন্ধে কিছু বলা হয় তাকে কর্তা বলে ।
☆●》 What is Predicate?
Whatever is said about the subject in the sentence, is called Predicate.
A predicate is the part of a sentence, or a clause, that tells what the subject is doing or what the subject is. Let’s take the same sentence from before: “The cat is sleeping in the sun.” The clause sleeping in the sun is the predicate; it’s dictating what the cat is doing
বাক্যে বিষয় সম্পর্কে যা কিছু বলা হয়, তাকে বিধেয় বলে ।
☆☆ COMPLETE SENTENCE 》
Every complete sentence contains two parts: a subject and a predicate. The subject is what (or whom) the sentence is about, while the predicate tells something about the subject.
● Complete Sentence = TWO PARTS =
☆ a subject + a predicate.
■ Subject is always NOUN or PRONOUN.
□ Predicate is consist of VERB + OBJECT.
■ Identify the subject and the predicate in the following sentences.
1. The sun was shining brightly.
2. The dogs were barking loudly.
3. The pretty girl was wearing a blue frock.
4. My younger brother serves in the army.
5. The man and his wife were working in their garden.
6. My mother and my aunt are trained classical dancers.
7. You don’t have to wait for me.
8. We will no longer tolerate this.
9. The little tree was covered with needles instead of leaves.
10. A rich merchant was passing by the shoemaker’s window.
1. The sun (subject) / was shining brightly (predicate).
2. The dogs (subject) / were barking loudly (predicate).
3. The pretty girl (subject) / was wearing a blue frock (predicate).
4. My younger brother (subject) / serves in the army (predicate).
5. The man and his wife (subject) / were working in their garden (predicate).
6. My mother and my aunt (subject) / are trained classical dancers (predicate).
7. You (subject) / don’t have to wait for me (predicate).
8. We (subject) / will no longer tolerate this (predicate).
9. The little tree (subject) / was covered with needles instead of leaves (predicate).
10. A rich merchant (subject) /was passing by the shoemaker’s window (predicate).
Spot the error and rewrite the correct sentences.
1. The number of people do not matter.
Correct : The number of people does not matter.
2. I am liking to see movies at the theatre.
Correct : I like to see movies at the theatre.
3. I never forgets the given responsibility.
Correct : I never forget the given responsibility.
4. He has often ask me to think before I speak.
Correct : He often asks me to think before I speak.
5. No sooner did I challenged the man than he accepted it.
Correct : No sooner did I challenge the man than he accepted it.
6. We are the more strongest community in the world.
Correct : We are the strongest community in the world.
7. I entered the room for search the documents.
Correct : I entered the room for searching the documents.
Or I entered the room to search the documents.
8. We can plant the trees in order saving the earth.
Correct : We can plant the trees in order to save the earth.
9. I usually asks my employees to be punctual in their tasks.
Correct : I usually ask my employees to be punctual in their tasks.
10. The training came to an end before you left the city.
Correct : The training had come to an end before you left the city.
11. If you challenge me, I had accept it.
Correct : If you challenge me, I will accept it.
12. The manager was looking into the missing file.
Correct : The manager was looking for the missing file.
13. She is more taller than all her brothers in the family.
Correct : She is taller than all her brothers in the family.
14. He said he did not wanted to go to bazaar yesterday.
Correct : He said that he did not want to go to bazaar the day before.